The Dawapia and Ah-Tam Wharves Project involved repair of the existing Ah-Tam wharf and demolition and construction of the Dawapia Wharves to allow for coastal and overseas ship use. A cold store facility was included in the project to have storage of local fisherman’s fish processed for local consumption.
A dredging of the area in front of the wharves was proposed due to siltation from the mudflow from the twin volcanic eruptions in 1993.
The services undertaken were to
- review and propose scope of repair and upgrading;
- undertake design/documentation (wharves, structures, civil, services);
- Undertake limited geotechnical investigation and topographic and hydrographic surveys;
- Tender documentation and preparation of estimates;
- Assistance with tendering to GRA and
- supervision of construction.
- Dawaipa and Ah-Tam Wharves
- Rabaul Harbour, East New Britain, PNG
- Gazelle Restoration Authority
- Project Type
- Year Completed
- 367 kB