The Pampenai Road involved the Design and Construction (D&C) of a new road for a total length of eleven (11) kilometres starting at kilometre 70 on the Tabubil – Kiunga Highway and proceeding to the east ending at kilometre eleven (11) at Pampenai village. The road project included the road clearing width to sixty (60) metres with a road formation of thirteen (13) meters with the construction of three 9 meters single span bridges with a T.44 tonne loading. The Project was undertaken by Starwest Ltd and for a construction period of 24 months.
Kramer Ausenco (PNG) Ltd was the Project Manager and Superintendent Representative of the D&C contract. The role involved:
- Preparation of Expression of Interest (EoI) for firms Prequalification and shortlisting tendering.
- Preparation of tender documentation including ITT, BoQ, General and Special Conditions of Contract and Drawings.
- Managing the tender process including pre-tender field trips, tender queries and evaluation of tender and post tender negotiations.
- Preparation of Contract documents and award of contract on behalf of OTDF.
- Performed superintendence role on the project which included inspection services during construction period and the Defect Liability Period (DL), preparation of project status reports and issuance of Practical Completion Reports and Certificates to the client OTDF.
- Preparation and Submissions of Monthly Progress Reports and Financial Claims for payment and submission for approval to the client (OTDF).
- Pampenai Road
- North Fly District Western Province
- Ok Tedi Development Foundation limited (OTDF)
- Year Completed
- 398 kB