The NAC1 Phase 2 project (under the Lihir Sustaining Capital Project) consisted of the following:
- Site preparation works;
- Construction of three (3) 14m x 15m Carbon In Leach (CIL) tanks;
- Process and utility tie-ins;
- Installation of jib cranes and trash screen upgrades;
- Installation of a new electrical board and cabling;
- Re-Installation of mechanical components.
The project was a brownfields project within an operational site and as such, the tie-in, construction and installation work needed to be planned around minimising disruption to site operations.
Works also included the necessary, civil works, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, instrumentation and tie-ins.
- Lihir Project NCA1 (CIL) Tank Refurbishment
- Lihir, New Ireland, PNG
- Newcrest Mining Ltd
- Project Type
- Gold (CIL) Mine
- Year Completed