Kramer Ausenco (SI) Limited was awarded the Contract to Design a 45Km Road in the Province of Isabel. There were 4 Phases in the Scope of works for:
- Phase 1 – Desktop study
- Phase 2 – Reconnaissance Survey
- Phase 3 – Topographical Survey
- Phase 4 – Preliminary Design
The Road encompasses Flat, undulating, Hilly, Mountainous & Swampy terrains. The Road is the 1st of its kind in the Isabel Province.
Kramer Ausenco provided the Civil/Road Engineering Feasibility study & topographical field survey which included preliminary geotechnical investigations. Using the latest 12D Civil Design software Kramer Ausenco also provided two design options for the most economical route with two alternative cost estimate options. Also provided initial community consultations.
Capital Cost (Estimate)
- AU$25 million
- Kaevanga to Kilokaka Road Project
- Isabel Province, Solomon Islands
- Solomon Islands Government
- Project Type
- Road (greenfield site)
- Year Completed
- June 2014 Preliminary Design